Commitment to Quality
Whimsical cake studio is a locally owned and operated custom cake and confection bakery, committed to producing the highest quality products. We believe in making our ingredients, products, and even garnishes from scratch. We endeavour to use the highest quality natural ingredients that we can. We source ingredients from the most local suppliers when possible. Our team is passionate about cake and creating amazing designs and flavours for our customers events and celebrations.
Custom cakes and non-wedding cake orders may be placed by visiting our studio, online or by phone. Appointments are taken for wedding cakes, complicated custom orders, and corporate orders. Kindly have the following details ready when calling or visiting to discuss an order:
- date of your event
- any allergies or sensitivities
- type of occasion
- number of servings being requested
- idea or cake design in mind
- cake flavour choice(s)
- colours and theme
- Your Wildest Imagination!
Custom orders are only confirmed with a paid deposit and signed cake order form agreement.
- Whimsical Cake Studio designers reserve the right to make any last minute adjustments to cake as needed.
- Cake designers try to interpret your ideas onto cake. Please note there may be discrepancies.
- Colour matches are not guaranteed. We work with icing…we do our best to get it to the colour you request.
- Fondant pieces are edible, however our cakes and pieces may have inedible pieces such as toothpicks, dowels, wire armatures etc.
- In respect of other designers work we will not replicate their design.
- If you are submitting a photo of an item (i.e. car, building, cartoon) that you would like created in cake, please give us photos with various views (sides, top, front, back). We certainly try our best to interpret something from an image into cake…but please understand we are using mediums such as fondant, buttercream, chocolate, etc. and though we use them to their limits, they are not always able to create certain pieces with 100% accuracy.
Allergies and Ingredients:
We use fresh ingredients and we bake from scratch. Ingredients include flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, fruits and nuts. Preservatives are not used in our products. We bake scratch cakes… nothing at all like grocery store cake mixes.
We do not guarantee 100% gluten free, nut free, dairy free or sugar free products and are not a certified Kosher establishment. Also note that some of our products may contain nuts. Those with wheat, diary, and nut allergies should not consume our products. we can limit any possible contact with allergens.
Refunds / Credits / Cancellations
Orders require a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to secure the order date.
Visa, Master card, Amex, ETransfer, Paypal, Debit or Cash are accepted.
CANCELLATIONS: must be made no later than 48 hours after placing your order to receive 50% deposit refund. No refunds will be issued on orders cancelled after 48 hours within placing your order.
Orders placed for pickup within 48hours will receive no credit or refund.
Due to the nature of our products, we do NOT accept returns.
Changes to order must be made 1 week in advance. Extra charges may apply.
If the order is not complete for some unforeseen circumstance (i.e. natural emergency, power outage, etc) out of Whimsical Cake
Studio ‘s control, we will reimburse the 50% deposit only.
****We reserve the right to not proceed with and cancel your order at anytime should we feel your requests or last minute changes are not reasonable to our designers and timeline.
****Abusive and negative attitudes are not tolerated. Cakes=Sugar=Happy!
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CAKE IS CORRECT WHEN PICKING UP. We are happy to fix any mistakes on our part whenever possible.
Whimsical Cake Studio is not liable for any damages to the cake/cupcakes after pick up.
All cakes and cupcakes should be transported on a flat surface in your vehicle. Once at your destination, refrigerate your cake or cupcakes if not being served right away. If you are serving it the same day, most cakes can be left at room temperature for several hours, ask your baker for the best timing for your order. On hot days cakes and cupcakes should be kept cool as our buttercream will melt!
If you have sent someone else to pickup your order, they are responsible for making sure that the order is to your satisfaction before leaving the studio.
A waiver is signed before leaving with your cake order that reads “_______ agrees that cake has the details requested. Whimsical Cake Studio is not liable for any damages to the cake/cupcakes after pick up. Any changes requested after pick up may be done for an extra charge.”
Above all, RELAX…enjoy your event…eat cake!
Tuesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Address: 8211 102 st
Edmonton AB, T6E 4A5
Phone: 780 988 2253 (CAKE)
We are between the AMPM and the Vet on 102st across the street from the car lot
Customer parking available in front of the building